April 11, 2011

Walking Into the Fire

Thank you for your tender graces as quietly I stood aside last week. A symphony of golden words landed lightly on my soul as I waited in the silence. Curious how much is heard when nothing is said.

Words fell like sparks from a bonfire. Dangerous, invigorating. Igniting a passion for deeper transformation. Lasting change. Wholeness.

And they tell me there's more to jumping off these trains. Holy flames leap, eager to consume the dark. I feel we'd be dis-servicing ourselves to not go deeper into the fire. Simply abiding day to day; we were molded for more. Oh friend, His good hands crafted us to be alive in the fullness of Christ.

We were made to walk out of the fire, bondage free.

In the silence, the words from heaven fan the flames of the burgeoning fire of healing... and the invitation to walk in is ours.

I'm not a poet, preacher or posed any differently than you before the King. As I stand, side by side with you, I sense His hands gently tapping us to dive deeper into healing from the negative thought patterns. Do I know exactly what this will entail? Not yet.

A few thoughts are:
~A study together
~Personal silent retreats
~Commitment to journal
~Devoted time listening to Jesus
~Scripture memorization
~Seeking counseling & accountability

And anything more on His good heart.

My prayer for you, for me, is minds as fresh as a spring breeze fluttering curtains. Thoughts as sweet as nuzzling a sleeping baby's velvety head as you rock them. Hearts uninhibited as laughter between age old friends.

I hope you'll embark with me.



xoxo, Sam

8 comments:

Eileen said...

"we were made to walk out of the fire bondage free" Yep!!

Heather Bleier said...

~Praying without ceasing; alone and with other sisters in Christ.

Sam, I'm looking forward to seeing where God's hand will lead us as He uses you as His instrument. God will truly have us every step of the way.

Sharon Sloan said...

Love you, dear one.

Kandi said...

Lost my way recently, darkness fell onto my life and I saw no light, blessings to you for for being a little spark of light to me.

Fields of gold said...

Amen, Eileen!!

Fields of gold said...

Heather, thank you! I would not want to want here alone. So thankful for sisters to walk with!!

Fields of gold said...

Love you too, Sharon. xoxo

Fields of gold said...

Kandi, I'm sorry friend to hear the it's been tough lately. May I pray for you?

Lord, thank You for Your graciousness and goodness toward Kandi. She is Yours. You hold her under Your wings. Please give light to her eyes. You are the light of the world. Hold her tight and comfort her soul. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Praying for stillness and hope, Kandi.

xoxo, Sam