September 13, 2010

94.1 FM

As a Word Nerd I've wanted to study "Be still and know I am God" (Psalm 46) in the original Hebrew for a few months now. Especially the "Be still" part. I just really felt that the Lord wanted me to know what it meant. Plus, my gut told me it would be rich.

Driving home from coffee with a friend last week, I was flipping through radio stations, when a Scottish accent arrested me. {I'm a softy for accents!}

Lo and behold! What do I hear? "'Be still and know that I am God' Do you know what 'Be still' means in the original Hebrew? It means "Let go."

I am not making this up! That guy on the radio said those words verbatim. And then it hit me that the Lord must really have wanted me to hear this sweet invitation and lesson.

Let go.

So what do you say? Do you want accept His invitation and let go with me?

Let's let go and know. Let's let go and know that I. Am. God.

Jesus said...before Abraham was, I am. ~John 8:58



*10,000 Angels, Sandra McCracken. Much as I {heart} CC, I highly suggest taking a listen to Sandra's version of this song. I couldn't find it on youtube but it's Be.Yew.Tee.Full.

1 comment:

Renee Swope said...

Oh, I love this!!! I teach on that verse in my message about resting in God's plans and promises and I had no idea that "be still" meant "Let go!" WOW!!! That makes Psalm 46 that much more challenging and life-changing. Love it.Love you!