December 6, 2010

Cranberry What?

I've had the best of both worlds.

Well, both worlds above and below the Mason Dixon Line that is.

The privileges of being a Yankee Belle are numerous. Perhaps the greatest is local culinary delights.

The Carolinas whip up...
Shrimp boils
Pimento cheese
Pulled pork bbq
Red Velvet cake

New Englanders relish...
Lobstah bakes
Periwinkles
Boiled dinners
Cranberry Duff

What's that you say? Oh, you haven't heard of Cranberry Duff? Don't worry, not many people have! But the secret is out now! I've shared this family recipe passed down through the generations on LeAnn Rice's She Cooks site!

Be prepared for a special treat when you visit She Cooks! You'll find all the warmth of a friend's kitchen mixed with delicious can-do recipes and dashes of inspiration to love others as well as LeAnn does. Today she's featuring my family's Cranberry Duff recipe. If you try it, please let me know!

Its unique blend of sweet and tart are perfect with a piping cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate! My parents have served this scrumptious cake throughout the chilly winter season for as many years as I can remember. Whether born and bred Northerners -or- tried and true Southerners, are gracing our table, it's a hit every time! Especially as a treat to help warm up after playing in the snow!


My cousins, Daniel and Ben, sister Rebecca, me, and sister Shannon
on a blustery, fun-filled winter's day!
Cranberry Duff, here we come!

4 comments:

K. Langston said...

Who is making this for the office. Sounds heavenly.

Mrs. C said...

I'm a new follower! Found you through She Cooks and I cannot wait to try Cranberry Duff! It sounds wonderful!

Fields of gold said...

Kelly, I'm going to make this and bring it in tomorrow! :) Hope it's as good as I remember my Nanny Maureen and mom making!

Fields of gold said...

Hi Mrs. C! Thanks for jumping on board with us! I'm going to make this and post pictures, so please stay tuned :0)

I"d love to hear about your cooking experiences too!!