November 1, 2010

Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself

I had a hard day today. The gentlest breeze could've knocked me over. I wrote a post about it. But before hitting 'Publish,' I caught up on some blog reading.

Much to my heart's delight my friend Stephanie's words capture my day and aims it right back to the hands of God. She fashions my feelings with hope and honest words.

...so, instead of publishing my post, I'm linking to Stephanie's post The Other Side. Because, I couldn't have said it better myself! I don't doubt her words will touch you too, as her writing {hence, her love of the Lord} reflects this passage...

The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught. ~Isaiah 50:4

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Sam, I am so humbled. I left a comment for you on my blog as well. You have NO idea what it means to me to see such a gifted writer as yourself, link to my blog. I am such a mess, such a messy messy mess. But somehow, God is using this messiness. I just stand amazed at his grace.

If I could, I would totally hug you right now with wet soppy tears!!! God never ceases to amaze me at how He forms friendships across so many many miles that seem as close to my heart as if you are sitting next to me. Thank you for your kinds words. Thank you for YOUR encouragement. Thank you for following your calling to write, as on many many many days your words are the ones that touch the core of my soul.

Okay, now my tears are just pouring, LOL, and laughing at the same time! I love you dear sister, God is so awesome :)

Melissa Taylor said...

I just tried to leave a comment, but I think I erased it! So if 2 show up, that's why.

Thank you so much for sharing Stephanie's blog today. I could relate to every word a little too well. I understand the pain and the pit as well as the freedom and hope God brings.

My heart is hurting for you as I read of your pain as well. I have prayed for you this morning (it's Tuesday). I love you and I'm here if you need me :)

Love,
Melissa