October 12, 2010

ONE - COMPASSION INTERNATIONAL

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" ~Isaiah 6

The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green. ~Thomas Carlyle

"Compassion's work spans 57 years, from modest beginnings in 1952 when one man felt compelled to help 35 orphaned children in South Korea, to today, where more than 1 million children in 25 countries benefit from that original vision." {Source: www.compassion.com}

Wow, I could stop there and 'nuff said! But I had the awesome privilege of going to El Salvador with Compassion International which instilled in me 1,000,000 words to share! No worries, I won't. But I do want to give a sampling of the world-changing things they do...all because ONE man in 1952 felt compelled to make a difference...

Child Survival Program: "Kanamma came to the meeting with her two newborn granddaughters and laid them on the floor. One baby weighed under two pounds and the other weighed 2 1/4 pounds. Kannamma said very openly to the staff at the Child Survival Program,

'We can’t take care of these two children. If you want to save the children, please help us; otherwise we don’t mind killing them.'

Both babies were enrolled in the Child Survival Program. And now, the girls are in the child sponsorship program." {All rights reserved. Compassion International. Source: http://www.compassion.com/about/programs/childsurvivalprogram.htm}


Courtesy of Compassion International

Child Sponsorship Program: Keely Scott is a CI photographer...on her recent trip to El Salvador she meet three sponsored children and shares their stories and photographs here. This post is a must see/must read! Here is an excerpt:
Hi. . .Mr. Soh in Korea, I met sweet Milagro.

I love that when you heard her story (in her letters) Her story of how she was in a fire as a baby and has had medical needs you didn't just read

You Lept!

Lept into action. Milagro is doing amazing and is gaining strength with her new arm each day!

Did you know her name means Miracle?

Yeah, its okay. . . I cried at that too! Our God is Amazing.
{Kelly Orr Scott. All rights reserved. Source: http://www.keelymariescott.com}


And the Leadership Development Program is where my friend Nixon is flourishing. Thriving. Living a life with dreams and hope. Hope to provide for his sister and mom. A mom who has literally given herself to provide her family with one meal a day. All that changed when Nixon was sponsored.


*Nixon is the first guy on the right, his sister is in front of him, and his mom is the second woman on the left

Want to hear something cool? The original program started back in 1952 was so effective in South Korea, it is no longer needed!!

1,000,000 words I would love to share. 1,000,000 world-changing things Compassion does. 1,000,000 children effected because ONE man committed, Here am I. Send me.

No comments: