October 25, 2010

Who Do You Love?

"Give me a place to stand, a lever long enough, and I will move the world." ~Archimedes

Read this today and loved it. You know I'm all about changing the world.

But
I
Don't
Want
To
Change
The
World
until I change the world of the one in front of me. By my love. My time. My peace. My Jesus.

I just don't. It's not fair to them, and I have a feeling I'll be cheating myself too.

This reality smacked me upside my heart today. With an ache for someone I love to my core. She's hurting. Bad. Real bad.

And I know...I coulda/shoulda/woulda loved her more, deeper, better.

How desperately I want to. I sit here and grieve. Grieve the hours glued to the boob tube; or stuffing my face in a fiction; or clicking on photos ofafriendofafriendofafriend on Facebook. Wasted hours when I coulda/shoulda been loving her.

So here I am...asking humbly, Give me a place to stand again in her life Lord. Help me take hold of the lever. Cause now...now I see the vitalness of moving her world. With love. With time. With peace...With Jesus.

Maybe there's a knock on your heart's door about someone. Maybe that means turning off the tv. Putting down the Kindle. Picking up a ball. And opening your heart to loving, eyes to seeing, arms to hugging, ears to listening and mouth to speaking kind, gentle words.

Remember, conviction to act is different than acting out of guilt. Sit with the Lord and ask...how can I move her/his world today? I bet it'll be sweet and amazing. I'd love to hear about it...

No comments: