October 11, 2010

ONE - TOMS

Bread for myself is a material question. Bread for my neighbor is a spiritual one. ~Nicholas Berdyaev


*My Own Two Hands, Ben Harper & Jack Johnson

ONE person can change another's life. Can change a family-community-country.

Be it the man on the street giving lunch to the homeless - The nurse holding a lonely elderly woman's hand as she passes from here to eternity - The teenager investing his summer job money to rescue a girl trapped in the sex slave trade.

Oh, how I love to hear how ONE person changed a life and made a difference.

So each day this week, I want to highlight those ONE(s) who make a difference. They inspire me. I hope they'll inspire you too.

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
~Dr. Seuss
TOMS {www.toms.com}
In 2006, American traveler Blake Mycoskie befriended children in Argentina and found they had no shoes to protect their feet. Wanting to help, he created TOMS Shoes, a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. One for One. Check out these smiles as they give away their 1,000,000th pair of shoes! {taken directly from TOMS website}



Oh to be there putting shoes on these precious feet! Hope you love this video as much as I do!!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

What a beautiful post! I too get excited when I think about how God can work through one person to change the lives of many :)

Fields of gold said...

It is awesome to know He'll use us for setting captives free, feeding the hungry and loving the lonely!! So cool to join forces with the Creator of the universe!! :)