July 2, 2008

Emergency!

Do you wear contacts? Or maybe glasses? Perhaps they're just for reading or driving, or you may wear them all the time.

Me? I have contacts. My natural eye-sight ain't that great. Without my contacts or glasses, everything is a blur and I can't see past my nose! Eagerly, earnestly, I pray God will heal and restore my eyes to 20/20 before I leave for the mission field.

My spiritual eyes are something else I pray for. That the Lord will restore any vision lost. He will open the eyes of my heart to see all He has waiting to develop in me. As much as I am seeking God for my own eyesight (both kinds!), there's someone else in my life I'm asking God to open their spiritual eyes and give them full vision.

I have prayed this prayer hundreds of times...perhaps a thousand. Much is predicated on this friend seeing and obeying the will of God. Often the urgency to pray comes out of a sense that it's an emergency.

Praying for my friend's 'eyesight' recently the Lord stopped me in my tracks and surprised me! "Check out John 9:11." Hmmmm...okay. I didn't know what that verse read, but I was excited to find out!

Get ready ... God blew me away with this!

"He told them, 'The man they call Jesus made mud and spread it over my eyes and told me, "Go to the pool of Siloam and wash yourself." So I went and washed, and now I can see!'”


Wow! The Lord's grace met me in two big ways.

First: God's Word confirmed He has heard my hundreds, perhaps thousands, of prayers and He cares and does indeed give sight.

Second: Who do we call when there's an emergency? 9-1-1. Pretty amazing tie-in with John 9:11 and the sense of emergency I've had in praying for my friend to see!

I pray the Lord preps each of us to see, truly see, His will and direction in our lives. May God encourage us to pray for others diligently that they may walk in the ways of the Lord and see Him.

Is there a time the Lord stunned, amazed and met you with scripture? I'd love to hear your story and the verse! Feel free to leave a comment, or if you'd like to contribute to the blog, let me know. Thank you!

No comments: