June 25, 2008

Push!!

“Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.” ~Galatians 6:9

I had this dream a few months ago: My oldest sister stared in amazement at my belly, “Wow! You are huge! I’ve never seen someone SO pregnant!” Nodding in agreement, I resigned, “Yes, well … I am 10 months overdue.”

Okay, I’m not actually pregnant or given birth in the natural yet. However, there is a promise that has been growing in my heart for almost two and a half years (see blog below.) Many women toward the end of pregnancy lament of swollen feet, aching backs, tiredness, and anxiousness to meet their baby face-to-face.

I can relate! My feet hurt from running this race carrying my promise inside; my back aches from bearing my load; I’m weary, and can’t wait to meet my promise face-to-face!

Though pregnancy has its aches and pains, so does labor. There are several stages of labor (don’t worry men, no gory details will be provided!). The last stage is called the Transition Phase. See if you can spiritually relate to these:

~ The sign labor is almost over and delivery is in progress
~ Generally the shortest and most intense part of labor
~ Emotional markers are giving up and feeling out of control
~ Not uncommon for a mother to say "I can't do this."

What seed has God planted in you that feels '10 months overdue?' Are your feet, back and heart aching from your long 'pregnancy and birth?' Maybe you are in the Transition Phase of labor and feel like giving up, thinking “I can’t do this.”
Hold on dear friend, hold on. You can do this. Please reach out to a friend or family member and tell about your journey. If you’d like, leave a comment sharing what you’re waiting to 'give birth’ to, and how the Lord sustains you through this season. We overcome by the word of our testimony.

“The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You support my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. I will bless the Lord who has counseled me; indeed, my mind instructs me in the night. I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” ~Psalm 16:5-8

No comments: