June 10, 2008

We Believed

“The angel of the Lord called to Abraham from heaven a second time and said, ‘I swear by myself, declares the Lord, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you...because you have obeyed me.’" ~Genesis 22:15-18

This afternoon, perusing other blogs, I read one mother’s story of her ‘Isaac.’ It was such confirmation to what the Lord asked of me this morning…to open my hands and place my ‘Isaac’ on the altar. Hearing Him say, “I will provide the ram, but even if I don’t, will you still believe I’m good? What fruit will this journey of faith bear in your life for My Name?” The Lord did not provide a ram for the mother I read about. He took her ‘Isaac’ in His arms and carried her home. Even so, she praises the Lord in full beautiful surrender. Her testimony:

“From the day we found out we were expecting you, we knew God had chosen you for our family. Our house was filled with love for you. God had something much bigger planned for your life than we could have imagined. We prayed for you all the time. We never, ever doubted that God could heal you. I feel compelled to tell you that we believed. And the fact that you are with Him does not change that belief.

I will never, never forget the day you were born. Nobody who was a part of it will. Daddy looked at me, "She's alive." I couldn't believe it. I fell completely, head-over-heels in love with you the instant I met you. That's who you are. Your sisters were a little nervous but as they looked you over, God showed them who you were. The peace that filled the room rested on them as they laughed and talked to you. While they were all gathered on the bed, your nurse came to listen to your heart. After a few minutes, she told me quietly you were gone. There was never anything but peace. We sang over you as God welcomed you into heaven.

I cry for you often. My eyes overflow with tears of a mother who has been asked to give her daughter away. I knew I would love you when I met you. I knew you would become a part of me. Even now, as I write, it seems impossible that you were only with us for 2 1/2 hours. Thank you Lord, for giving us all the time we could have asked for with her.

You have no idea how you have impacted those around you. The name of the Lord had been spoken repeatedly in a way it never had. People who came to your birth knowing nothing of your story talked about the "amazing peace" that inexplicably filled the room. Do you know how many people have met Jesus because of you? There are more than I tell. I want you to know you changed me. I am so proud to have a scar to remember where you once were.”

“As for God, His way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true.” ~ Psalm 18:30

No comments: