June 12, 2008

Who Is Like Our God?

My Ebenezer comes from several sweet emails I recieved today. My team at work is preparing for our annual conference, and have felt attacks of the enemy lately. Just last night the Lord and I dug into some parts of I Kings, and 2 Chronicles! See below...I think these emails speak for themselves :)

~I have chosen to share a prayer from one of my favorite passages found in 2 Chronicles 20:1-29. The passage tells of the Israelites being completely overwhelmed by the approaching enemy, and crying out to God for help.

Here is part of Jehosephat’s prayer:
v. 9 'If calamity comes upon us, whether the sword of judgment, or plague or famine, we will stand in your presence before this temple that bears your Name and will cry out to you in our distress, and you will hear us and save us.'
And part of God’s response:
v. 17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.' "
-------

~Hi!

Just wanted you to know that I prayed for you specifically today while running at the beach at 6:30am…I prayed in thankfulness that you are on our team, and for strength, guidance and wisdom, among other things the Spirit was leading me to pray…I can’t recall it all, but it was powerful sister! I look forward to spending hopefully a little bit of time with you!! Love,Holly
-------

~2 Chronicles 32: King Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah cried out in prayer to heaven about this. And the Lord sent an angel, who annihilated all the fighting men. So [the king] withdrew to his own land in disgrace. The Lord saved Hezekiah and the people. He took care of them on every side.

Father, you know the battle and you know the enemy. We do not know how to pray or what to pray, but we cry out in unison that you will go fight the battle as you did for Isaiah. We will stand firm on your promise that there is nothing to fear, that all is in your hands and you will annihilate the enemy and his schemes. Protect and empower these women and their families. We lift this to your throne, we call on the Most High, The Alpha, The Omega, Jehovah-Jirah, El Shaddai, Prince of Peace, Counselor, Yahweh, Lord God, Lamb of God, Almighty Father, The Everlasting, I AM to come to our rescue as we stand firm.

We sing unto the Lord a new song; sing unto the Lord all the earth; sing unto the Lord a new song; sing unto the Lord all the earth!

Fill every longing today with You. Fill every heart with You. Fill every need with You. Fill every hunger, every thirst, every thought, with You, we pray in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: