June 17, 2008

Where In The World?!?

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes.” ~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Yesterday a friend randomly gave me a CD-Rom.

Russian: Language Learning for Kids!

It goes on to read, Collect All 4! Chinese, Italian, Russian, Spanish.

Wow!!! Y’all, God spoke to my heart so loudly through that CD! A strong call He has on my life is to work in missions, with children, all over the world. This CD was such a sweet confirmation of His letting me know He hasn’t forgotten me or my heart’s desires.

While this confirmation is super sweet, it’s also refining for me. Sounds counteractive, huh?

Well, here’s the deal. The refining part is “all over the world.” Latin America has been my heart-throb for years. Snubbing my nose at any other continent/country/people group, I was set to serve there and only there!

However, God has been knocking on and leaving small gifts on the doorstep of my heart, to enlighten the eyes of my heart. Such gifts as the language CD and Toly (check out my blog from June 9) have stretched my thoughts and emotions. They’ve rattled my mind and heart, and caused me to open my tight grip on my beloved Latinos.

Now my hands, heart and mind are open to receive other nations, different people, various cultures. And boy, oh boy…I’m getting excited!!

Is there something you have your heart or mind set-in-stone on? I gently encourage you…seek the Lord and ask "Is there more?" Heed to His Holy Spirit as He speaks to you about another avenue He may want to lead you down. Perhaps it’s a different career, new roommate, direction in ministry, or which country He will call you to serve in. Whatever it is, it’ll only ever be wonderful because it’s the Lord’s plans!

Downhere, Little Is Much, www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQmZy8qaMMg

No comments: